Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sitting around the house

Today is the first day since I started this blog that I have not been busy, busy, busy. I've either been working, at the hospital, interviewing, or in training. Now, this shouldn't be much different from when I was working, because I was working from home, but today I'm having a little harder time controlling and focusing. It must be the weekend, or maybe coming up on "that time of the month." Sorry if that's TMI (too much information), but there are absolute definite times of the month that I cannot seem to control my hand-in-mouth problem.

It's not been horrible. Breakfast was a nectarine and 2 lite pieces of toast with a dab of cream cheese and jelly. Yes, cream cheese and jelly are not "diet" foods, but a balanced diet does supposedly include a little bit of fat to keep you feeling full longer. Mid-morning I had a banana. For lunch, I had chicken noodle soup (the whole can!), plus 2 slices of whole grain bread, one with a slice of provolone, and one with some PBJ. All of that would have been ok, I think, except that then I was craving this dessert thing that someone dropped off. It's kind of like a mousse. I allowed myself a few spoonfuls and that was it. Maybe it wasn't all that bad, since I did use control. After all, I could have had a huge dish of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment