Thursday, January 8, 2009

No more diet coke!

One of the changes I've made is to try to cut out diet soda, mostly my diet coke addiction. I can honestly say that I've had NO diet coke this past week, and just a glass or two of diet root beer. I think in the long run it will be better for me, since I sure don't think all that carbonation can really be healthy for a person.

Do I feel better? Maybe a little. Do I miss it? Only a little! I guess even last year I was trying to work up to this a little, trying to drink other things than diet coke, just to see if it was the coke taste I was craving or just drinking it out of habit. I still was drinking a lot of diet sodas, and it really was just a habit. I've been drinking more water (yeah, me!), crystal light, and tea. It's really not too bad. I drink milk at least once a day, usually with a meal, but in between I'm sticking to the other drinks.

I think I will allow myself to drink the diet coke once in awhile, but I've got to keep it to a minimum. It really got out of hand for awhile, and it gets expensive to buy all those bottles or cans. Plus, then I have to gather them all back up for recycling.

As for my weigh-in this morning, there wasn't any new progress in any direction. I'll hit the scales again on the weekend, and steer clear of the goodies in the meantime. Maybe I'll get it to budge another pound. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment