Saturday, January 3, 2009

Missed a few days

I missed a few entries, but have not abandoned anything. My dear MIL passed away January 1, so it was NOT the great start to the new year that I'd been hoping for. I would usually have used excuses in a situation like that to "start the diet" next week, but I'm trying hard not to think of it as a diet that starts & stops. I want it to be an ongoing method of focusing on what I eat, why I eat, where I eat, etc so that I can control it better. I'm proud to say I've done okay these past few days!

The day we spent at the hospital with MIL, I chose wisely in the cafeteria - a sandwich wrap with grilled chicken, mustard, and lots of low-cal veges for one meal, and then later a tossed salad with light dressing and a banana. Both were very good!

Yesterday between an interview for one job and going to another job, I was very hungry. Instead of fast-fooding it, I stopped at the grocery store and snagged some sliced ham, an apple, and green tea. I did falter a little last night. People had stopped by our house with tons of food, but I tried to be reasonable with that too.

Through it all, I managed to drop another 2 pounds, so I updated the ticker on the side. Go me!

3 comments:

  1. Good job on your 2 pound weight loss!

    Do you write down what you eat and the calories? That can be very eye opening. My friend and her family wrote a book about their weight loss. I have a link to their website on my blog sidebar. It is called the FAST diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job skipping the fast food and heading to the grocery store for healthy choices! And congrats on the weight loss! Wa-hoo! :)

    ~MaeFaery (AKA Koppur from saving blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I do write down the food and calories, but a lot of times I just keep track (in my head, not the most reliable place!) the food categories that I've consumed for the day. I know what the portions should be from earlier Weight Watcher days.

    ReplyDelete