Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another one bites the dust!

I'm down another pound. Woohoo!!! It's been slow going, but I haven't been starving myself or anything, so that's ok with me. Yesterday was another busy day at work. I worked 7 hours and was told when I started that if I worked anything over 6 hours, I had to clock out for 1/2 hour for a break. I honestly forgot. Me, forget to eat? Never!! But I did. The boss chastized me later for not taking my break when I was just "goofing around" on the computer. I wanted to say "Excuse me! I'm new here and I was looking at courses the company offers to improve my education plus making up scenarios to enter in the computer to understand how the system works better!!! How dare you say I was goofing around?!" Instead I just apologized and told her I hadn't even thought about it, and it didn't feel like I'd been there 7 hours already, which was the truth. It sounded a whole lot better than challenging her, and the day really had flown by.

I wasn't hungry during that 7 hours since I'd eaten before work, but I chomped on an apple on the way home, and got home about 9:30pm. Well, surprise, surprise, one of our dog had puppies!! Now, of course, the puppies weren't a surprise, but her having them that day and during the day was. So, I had to go to see them all and sit with her in case she had more. Another family member had been with her for hours helping as needed, so I relieved him of midwife duties. I grabbed a Chex Mix bar (very yummy!) and ate that while I hung out with her. Nothing was happening so I took a break and ate dinner, at 11:30pm. Talk about crazy schedule! At midnight, I went back and sat with her for 2 more hours. She did have one more during that time, but the poor thing was stillborn. I dropped into bed, exhausted, got up in 4 hours to check on her again, went back to bed, and just got back from checking on her this morning.

She has 9 puppies! Adorable!! I hope they all make it, but I kind of doubt they will. She's thin from putting all her energy into the pups, and this is her first litter. We'll just try to work with them all and make sure they get to eat as much as possible. Plus, this is a big breed, and they sometimes unknowingly lay on the pups and end up suffocating them. Let's hope that doesn't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment