Thursday, June 4, 2009

National President's Challenge

A busy few weeks have passed. I signed up today for a weight loss challenge at work. In the next 12 weeks, I pledged to lose 15 pounds. If nothing else has kept me motivated, maybe the chance of splitting the prize money will do it. It cost me $10 to join, so if I make my goal, I should at least get that money back.

I also signed up for the National President's Challenge. It's a challenge to get people up and MOVING! All you have to do is be active 5 days a week for 6 out of 7 weeks, and log your activity at http://www.presidentschallenge.org.
It's been an active week for me, with lots of outdoor gardening, walking, lawn mowing, etc. It all counts, so join in!

I haven't been as committed to watching my calories & drinking water lately. Sometimes life just gets in the way. The problem is that I've been using that excuse now FOREVER. I need to figure out how to have life and healthy eating happen at the same time. But, now that I've committed, with a definite goal in mind, and that goal is written down with a fitness coach....NOW is the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment