Saturday, May 23, 2009

Little miss muffet

I've been doing pretty good the last half of this week. I didn't write down my food for today, but did for the other days. I seem to be averaging between 1300 and 1600 calories. Now that's not really "diet" calorie intake, I'm sure, but I am a little active, so I hope to have some visual results soon. I feel better emotionally being in control of things, and better physically because of eating better. I know fruit isn't chocolate, or even anywhere CLOSE to chocolate, but I've been really enjoying my fruit that I take for snacks at work. Sometimes cantaloupe, sometimes oranges, apples, bananas, or even canned peaches (in light syrup).

It doesn seem like I eat all day long though. Breakfast at 6:30, mid-morning snack between 9 & 10, lunch at noon, snack between 2 & 3, sometimes another light snack at 7 and then usually dinner at 9. When I can, I try to cut out the last snack and have dinner right away, but things don't always work out right for that to happen. The trick is to keep each meal around 300-400 calories, and each snack 100 or 150. They say that's better for you, anyhow, but I find it just less depriving when I don't have to go so long between meals.

I weighed in one night earlier in the week, but my scale is so weird that I really can't tell any exact weight. I might get on twice in a row, and if I happen to lean a little bit forward or backward one time, the weight fluctuates by as much as 5 pounds. I thought I'd try it again, and as I walked into the room, I saw a spider scurry toward the scale; hence, the "little miss muffet" reference. I braved it and got on anyhow, and I think it's gone a little in the general direction I want it to, but not enough to say definitely that I've lost any weight. A scale is not important, though; I'm much rather measure the success that I have based on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and how well I'm able to control myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment