Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm my own worst enemy

After figuring out what I wanted to do to help get things under control in my last entry, I faded away for awhile. I sure am very inconsistent. I've planned my snacks better a few times, but then gone astray many more times. I'm my own worst enemy! A friend just announced that she'd lost 20 pounds over the last several months. The kicker? She didn't even NEED to lose weight, at least not in my opinion. I haven't seen her in a long, long time (out of state) but she's always been roughly the same size & weight in all the years I've known her.

I read all sorts of things about setting big goals and small goals, and focusing on the goal above everything else. It all sounds good in theory, but I have such a hard time getting past the "want-it-now". I've been a little down in the dumps lately too, so that's not exactly inspiring me to do better.

For more thought-provoking ideas, I've read multiple times about strategies for cutting spending that involve just asking yourself a few questions before making a purchase, things like do I need this and do I have anything else that serves the same purpose? Other people say if they want something, they put it back and wait a few days or a week to see if they still want it just as bad. I think the same logic can be applied to bad eating habits. I usually don't NEED to eat, unless it's been hours since a prior meal and I'm feeling a little weak. I should ask myself if I have anything else (i.e., healthier to eat) that serves the same purpose. Or, the best, wait awhile (not days or weeks, but minutes or hours) and see if I still want it. Focus on the goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment