Sunday, December 28, 2008

Begin at the Beginning

I plan to officially start this journey to lose weight on January 1, 2009. I know, I know, it looks like yet another new year's resolution that millions of other people make. But I am determined to win! And, since losing is winning, I'm determined to lose too! See, I can't possibly fail.

For the next few days, I'll be working to mentally prepare for this as I do grocery shopping. I don't live within walking or even short driving distance of any stores, so if I don't have forbidden foods on hand, I can't mindlessly binge on them. Cookies and other sweets are my downfall. I also have a heavy diet coke habit to break. Then, there is this grazing thing of nibbling off and on all day long. And there is always the habit of having dessert after dinner, and sometimes lunch, and sometimes even breakfast. Who the heck has dessert after breakfast?! Why, me, of course.

So you see, there is a lot to gain control over.

No comments:

Post a Comment